Our Town St. Helena (OTSH) is seeking a part-time Development Assistant.
Our Town St. Helena (OTSH) is seeking a part-time Development Assistant. OTSH is a 501c(3) non-profit corporation whose mission is to build and preserve housing that is affordable to people vital to our community. OTSH creates housing by acquiring properties; financing, building, maintaining and preserving low- and moderate-priced homes; connecting people who have housing opportunities to those with housing needs in creative and mutually beneficial ways; and educating our neighbors about the importance of maintaining a diverse and thriving community.
About the Role
The Development Assistant will manage and administer all fundraising technology, systems, and data entry, ensuring a high degree of reliability and accuracy across all areas. This role will live and breathe Little Green Light, OTSH’s CRM, and will be responsible for ensuring that all staff who interface with the system do so with the same logic and conventions to guarantee data fidelity. Under the direction and in coordination with the Executive Director, the Development Assistant will generate regular donor data and performance reports for evaluation and future action planning.
The Development Assistant will ensure timely and excellent gift processing and acknowledgment. To further enhance the donor experience, the Development Assistant will support the execution of OTSH’s donor stewardship plan. This part-time contractor position is capped at 20 hours per week and hours will fluctuate depending on workload. Some in-person attendance at the OTSH office in St. Helena, CA, will be necessary, to be determined.
The Development Assistant can expect her/his/their scope of work to include:
CRM Management, Data Reporting and Evaluation:
- Little Green Light manager: responsible for establishing, monitoring, and training OTSH staff on standard operating procedures (SOP) and use protocols within the system to maintain a high degree of data integrity and hygiene
- Ensure connected systems are synced and data is flowing seamlessly and regularly
- Work closely with the Executive Director to ensure all real-world interactions with donors and partners are faithfully recorded in the system
- Process and acknowledge gifts on an agreed-upon schedule
- Generate weekly, monthly, and annual data reporting out of the system
- Create and manage campaigns to track and distinguish various appeals’ performance
- Conduct donor data entry and regularly monitor data for accuracy
- Design, update, and maintain donor reports to support the organization’s evaluation and action-planning efforts
- In conjunction with OTSH’s bookkeeper, support monthly revenue reconciliations
- Support the Executive Director on executing annual appeals and monthly giving program
- Conduct prospect research on individual major donors, corporations and foundations
- Prompt the Executive Director and board members on upcoming tasks relevant to donors’ individual cultivation plans
Gift Processing and Donor Stewardship:
- Ensure smooth, easy experience for online donors
- Process all off-line donations
- Ensure that all donors receive a timely gift and tax acknowledgment.
- Support the execution of OTSH’s donor stewardship plan (prompt Executive Director when needed)
Qualities of Development Assistant:
The ideal Development Assistant will have strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, and the ability to work independently while managing priorities and workflow. This person must be eager to support OTSH in achieving revenue goals, executing fundraising efforts, and being the front-line contact for all things Little
Green Light. This person should be adept at handling multiple priorities, working efficiently, and taking initiative. A solid understanding of how nonprofits operate, particularly in areas of fundraising and marketing/communications, is highly desirable.
To be maximally successful in this role, you need to be:
- A stickler for details and quality
- A creative thinker willing to test out new ideas
- An exceptional communicator
- Dedicated to data and systems and ready to utilize OTSH’s systems to project manage all development work for the team
- A caretaker of confidential and sensitive information about donors, volunteers and OTSH clients
You need to have:
- 1-3 years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising and/or fundraising systems
- A sincere commitment to OTSH’s mission
- CRM experience; Little Green Light experience strongly preferred
Preferred Hourly Rate:
- $25.00-$35.00 depending on experience and qualifications, negotiable. The Development Assistant is a part-time contractor, and as such will have a flexible work schedule.
As a small organization operating in a dynamic environment, a significant amount of flexibility and teamwork is required.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please forward your resume with a cover letter and three current references to our Executive Director, Jennifer La Liberte, at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please call Jennifer at (707) 812-9839 or send an e-mail to the address above.
Donations help us pay for project development and operating expenses. OTSH is a 501(c)3 public charity, so donations are tax-deductible. Our Federal Tax ID#: 26-4247407
Help with Administrative Tasks
We have many small and large projects that come up over the course of the year with which we need help from our community. If you have time to support, please contact our Executive Director Jennifer La Liberte at Jennifer@ourtownsthelena.org
Join Our Advisory Council
Share your expertise in real estate, finance, translation, grant writing or construction as a member of the Advisory Council.
- Identify potential housing sites
- Small, single-family homes to large properties
- All local properties provide housing opportunities for our workforce
- There can be a greater net value when the tax advantages of a Charitable Sale are considered over a market-rate sale
- Property analysis is easy, confidential and involves no commitment
Contact Jennifer La Liberte at Jennifer@ourtownsthelena.org for more information.
Sign up for our Newsletter!
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: . You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact