2021 Was a Big Year for Our Town St. Helena
- Purchased the four-unit Christine Apartments and preserved the rents at affordable levels for 55 years
- Thanks to a significant private donation, purchased property on Pope Street adjacent to property we own, allowing us to expand our approved five-unit Workforce Village to ten units
- Received a second major donation from a local community member to jumpstart a capital campaign for the Pope Street project
- Put the finishing touches on eight new self-help homes at Brenkle Court
- Hired an Executive Director and expanded our Board of Directors
We will start 2022 with projects in every stage of development–from conceptual to move-in ready. Our community is losing population (6 percent in last ten years) because of the imbalance of housing costs to incomes. We all need to work together to keep our town diverse and vital.